Sunday, March 9, 2014

Now for something completely different - a book review!



Jason Porter nailed it. Thank you. You just got into my bibliography of the (non-fiction) book I'm writing. I wish I did not understand this book so well but I do.
For people who don't understand, don't try to analyze. This is the story of a breakdown (in colloquial terms). It makes sense. It is moving. And it shows us how normal stuff is really not normal at all - and vice versa.
Jason is a good writer, he can use language, and he is funny while being sad. I don't generally read books like this one, since my everyday life is overflowing with these stories, only not told as poignantly, eloquently, or without self-pity. I guess that's why this book was so moving and impressed me - because most of the depressed people I see every day can't get off that pity pot.
Anyway, if you like books that are only about character - this is a great one. Me, I usually like books with plots, but I think the writing in this book is good enough to write a more complex story next time.
I do highly recommend this book for everyone, though. Maybe it will help people's eyes to open inward a little bit.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback? Questions? Comments?
Use this form.